Sunday, July 20, 2014

July 20, 2014 at 10:24PM

Wow, today wore me out bigtime. We got back from the AIDS Walk to our friend's house in the city, and as we planned to go to the Eagle for smokes and hanging with bears, I just sat down and realized I could not open my eyes. I finally just had Ray go off without me while I stayed back and slept. It was a major crash. I must've cheered myself silly. I did put a lot of energy into it, but still. We weren't walking. We were on the sidelines as cheerleaders to encourage the walkers, with pom-poms and everything. And only at the beginning and end. You know, waiting near the finish line to tell them, "Keep going! You're almost to the halfway point!" so they can look at you with exhausted, "You gotta be fucking kidding me," look until they realize we were just kidding. We even took an hour and a half break at a pub in between, so it's absurd that I'd lose it like that. But I did. That's okay, although apparently there was lots of dick to be seen at the Eagle today. I don't mind. I needed the rest. It made it so that when we got back home I had the energy for dinner. And I mean DINNER. 4-cheese ravioli in brown butter sauce with Italian herbs and lemon Parmesan, fresh brussel sprouts and bits of juicy steak, all mixed together in a bowl of yum. For them. Before I added the steak I took out my portion and instead had mine with a big filet of grilled salmon which turned out beautiful. My doctor said to eat more of it, and I just looked at him and said, "You just told me to eat more of one of my favorite foods again." Happy to comply. I love it when I have a craving and it makes the roommate so happy he smiles and compliments my meal. And as much as I love ravioli in brown butter sauce, I'm never doing it again without brussel sprouts. It's a marriage made in Valhalla.